"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Saturday, February 23, 2008

You Knew This Was Coming

I've had a few too many Cabernets and was just reading a speech by Barack Obama that made me feel compelled to donate to his campaign once again, and that inexorably led me here. I can't describe what I feel when I hear this man speak. As a cynic, I have to be honest with myself and say that it feels just like what I assume hope feels like. I really think that these last few generations of Americans have grown up in times that make these feelings about our leaders seem completely alien to us.

Now I'm sure that I'll hear from many of you about how naive I am. I understand why you would say that; I've said the exact same thing myself, about many other subjects, to many other people. I really don't know if this is what having some kind of religious "faith" feels like but if it is, I can definitely see the appeal. It feels really good to believe in something again as an adult. Here's a taste if you're interested:


I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do if this guy turns out to be just another political charlatan. But for now I have hope...

No comments: