"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Raining Polar Bears

I'm all for reducing our collective carbon footprint and I question the science behind the declarative statements but this is a bit jarring, even for me:

Brief: We wanted to confront people with the impact that short-haul flights have on the climate. We used Polar Bears because they're a well understood symbol of the effect that climate change is having on the natural world.
This is not for the faint of heart (although it's obviously totally CG). Fair warning:

5 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

Hard to watch. I equate this kind of ad with the pictures of aborted fetuses that anti-abortionist use.
Overkill.

Mike said...

"Overkill."

Pun intended?

Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

Not as funny as a penguin falling down the stairs but I laughed nonetheless.

JBW said...

Thank you for laughing, T101. I knew I could count on you.

I realize that it's overkill Leslie, and I agree with your assessment. I was more impressed with the CG aspect of it. I mean, short of a massive zoo explosion when are you going to see something like this?

Leslie Parsley said...

Guess my heart is just too faint.