"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Do I Have Writer's Block?

If you haven't noticed I've been neglecting this blog a bit, sometimes out of necessity as I've been fairly busy of late but also at times out of indifference as well. I just haven't felt like writing anything recently. I still have opinions, I still get mad at many things throughout my day, I'm still constantly amazed/amused by things in this world yet lately I find myself not really having much to say about them, or not really wanting to say much about them here. I hope this apparent malaise doesn't last much longer but my apologies in advance if it does.

8 comments:

magpie said...

Sometimes it's more satisfying just to cruise other blogs and comment. At least until inspiration strikes again.

Kevin Robbins said...

It's summer! The elections are still months away. Who needs blogs?

Leslie Parsley said...

I think a lot of us have a touch of this right now - at least according to what I've been reading. I wonder if it has to do with the time of year? People want to be outside more and not stuck in front of a computer, so their minds tend to wander off to more pleasant pursuits. Don't push it.

Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

I've had an explosion of creativity lately. I'm saving a bunch of them for when it ends.


Good to see you're human though JBW. Not that I ever thought I could keep up with you. You're still the best blogger there is. Of all of us, you are the one who should be making a living at this.

You and TAO anyway.

JBW said...

True magpie, it's something I don't do nearly enough of.

Also true ex DLB, and the news is wholly depressing right now anyway.

Insightful Leslie, as my grill has indeed been calling louder than my keyboard lately.

It sucks being human sometimes T101 but all my attempts to attain immortality have failed thus far so I don't have much choice, although I do find myself in good company with TAO. Thanks, amigo.

Beekeepers Apprentice said...

I've been having the same general malaise lately, myself.

squatlo said...

This hits like the creeping crud from time to time, but if you pay attention to the news at all you'll find a thousand sources of inspiration.
Sometimes I think I'm the only one who reads anything I write, and while that can be depressing, I know the simple act of writing serves to help vent some of the steam build up...
We'll hold down the fort until you're at it again!

JBW said...

Hear ya, BkA and squatlo. Hopefully this won't last long.