"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

For The Junkies

As a political junkie and prolific blog reader I found this story by Nancy Nall Derringer at Slate fascinating. Not because I disagree with Goeglein's politics (which I'm sure I most certainly do) but because of the phenomenon of the story taking on a life of it's own and the immediacy of it's effects in the real world. This is the very definition of citizen driven journalism in the Internet age. I predict that the proliferation of more and more powerful search engines combined with the eventual digitization of every piece of printed information will lead to the virtual elimination of successful plagiarism in journalism in the foreseeable future.

No comments: