"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Immaculate Prosthetic Concept Limb

So I'm sure you all remember the bionic contact lenses and the implantable cell phone I've yearned for in the past, and of course I would never willingly give up one of my own limbs for one that was artificial but if the need did arise, this would be the kind of kick-ass appendage I would love to attach to myself:

We never thought it would it come to this, but damn if that image above doesn't make the idea of having a prosthetic limb attractive. A pang first felt at the sight of Oscar Pistorius' Cheetah prosthetics is now fully engorged with visions of reckless play around farm equipment. The concept "immaculate" from Hans Alexander Huseklepp explores the idea of turning a handicap into a high-performance, cybernetic fashion statement. The neurological prosthetic is clad in technology-packed corian plates with dome-joints that offer a larger degree of freedom than that motherly-issued arm of yours. So enough with the flesh-colored plastics already, this is the biomechatronic future of the proud naturoid we'd like to see.
Goddamn, this kind of stuff excites me! I know, I know, it's quite a ways off, but wow. Really, really cool. You can read my take on Pistorius' prosthetics here and you can view the concept limb sans model below:

1 comment:

Van Zan said...

I think I will look rather dashing with my Annakin Skywalker style droid arm, and good for opening jars with.