"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Frog Leg Dance

This is a bit creepy:


Apparently since the legs are fresh all of the cells in them are still intact and the biochemical machinery is still working. The unused ATP molecules in the cells act as a source of energy for the muscles and because the salt contains sodium ions it creates a voltage difference as the ions cross the nerve cell membrane. This voltage difference duplicates the effect of nerve impulses from the brain, causing the muscles to contract and relax. Still creepy though...

(via)

2 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

Once upon a time I used to love frog legs. But now I just don't care much for them anymore.

JBW said...

I haven't had them in years Leslie but I have a feeling that I'd still dig them.