"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Something Surprisingly Sane Someone Else Said

"He is a citizen of the United States, so I say we uphold the laws and the Constitution on citizens. If you are a citizen, you obey the law and follow the Constitution. He has all the rights under the Constitution. We don't shred the Constitution when it is popular. We do the right thing." -Glenn Beck on Faisal Shahzad, the Pakistani-born American arrested in connection with a failed attempt to set off a car bomb in New York City's Times Square.

I still think he's a dishonest performance artist but good on him for actually getting the Constitution right this time.

5 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

I nearly dropped my teeth.

Virus warning (checked with snopes and someone called Norton). Called Postcards Hallmark or any variation. I'm sure you know not to open.

JBW said...

Thanks for the heads up, Leslie. My personal email policy is to open nothing unless I know the sender. Can't say I always follow it but that's the policy.

Leslie Parsley said...

I have the same policy.

Anyway the damn thing is a hoax. I thought I remembered this thing from a few years ago.

Come by. : )

Green Eagle said...

Last night, John Stewart had a bit comparing this with recent statements from John McCain about the same subject.

Johnny, the Straight Talk Express has now zipped past Glenn Beck on the highway to hell. Maybe Sarah Palin ate your brain.

JBW said...

I've said this before GE: we dodged a HUGE bullet in November '08.