"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Coolest Watch Ever

My inner nerd just asked me what time it is:

A new watch made from moon dust and original fragments of Apollo 11, is set to cost an astronomical £300,000 when goes on sale next summer.

The exclusive Moon Dust DNA timepiece has been built by Swiss watchmakers to mark the 40th anniversary of the 1969 moon landings.

The steel casing has been made from tiny components of Apollo 11 - the first manned space mission to land on the moon. And the face has been coated in dust from rocks taken from the surface of the moon.

Little indentations have also been made on the dial to mimic moon craters.

A limited number of 1,969 of the concept watches have been made to commemorate the year Neil Armstrong first stepped on to the moon.

Pieces of Apollo 11 and moon dust? This timepiece blows the Mars rock wedding bands out of the water; unfortunately, even if I could afford it my thin dancer's wrists prevent me from looking cool wearing a watch, irregardless of it's innate awesomeness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dance? White man's overbite, maybe.

JBW said...

Well yeah, the overbite is mostly what prevents me from looking cool when I'm dancing but that heavy watch flopping around on my wrist ain't helping matters any.