"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Monday, November 24, 2008

Something Someone Else Said

"The season of good will approacheth. Last night's Colbert Special was pure, nihilist (well, almost nihilist) heaven. But I'm sitting in Starbucks and they're already playing Christmas fucking carols. I have one simple request: the nightmare of Christmas is bad enough. So could we wait till after Thanksgiving before we have it force-fed down our throats and ears? I feel better now." -Andrew Sullivan, The Daily Dish


Amen, dude.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come to my house. Christmas music starts promptly after Labor Day.

James, are you rethinking your upcoming travel plans? Welcome to my world, biatch.

JBW said...

I knew as soon as I posted this that I would be guaranteed to hear "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer" or some other hellish carol when I entered your casa; thanks for the warning, amigo.

Anonymous said...

But it's our most marketable holiday...

JBW said...

And when you consider how much we've had our holidays marketed to us, that's saying a lot.