"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Monday, July 20, 2009

Sardine Run

I've always thought that sardines came from little tins with a key attached to them but apparently I've been wrong:

This David Attenborough-narrated video from the Natures Great Events series is, in my view, one of the most spectacular nature segments I've ever seen. Off the coast of South Africa, a mass of sardines is attacked by a formidable array of predators. The surface view of the army of dolphins is impressive, but when the gannetts plunge like arrows into the ocean, then fly underwater, the scene is truly awe-inspiring.
I can't decide if I'd consider this more akin to a choreographed ballet or an aerial dogfight but either way it's incredible to watch:


(via)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Beautiful video. Almost as good as being there. Thanks for connecting us.

OT: Tried Liberal Values. Is it just my computer or is there something wrong with it from his end?

Leslie said...

Disregard OT from above. Seems to be okay. Now, back to the sardines.