"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Original Terminator

I was watching the original Terminator movie last night and I had a question about the production (I can't recall it now) but it led to my looking the movie up on Wikipedia. That's where I found this previously unknown piece of trivia:

Cameron originally envisioned the Terminator as a small, unremarkable man, giving it the ability to blend in more easily. As a result, his first choice for the part was Lance Henriksen. O. J. Simpson was on the shortlist but Cameron did not think that "such a nice guy could be a ruthless killer".
Yeah, that's right: O. J. Kind of puts that next decade in perspective, huh?

3 comments:

Tim said...

The first one sure looks a bit dated, but I still love it. I also loved the second, and enjoyed the third.

The TV show has escaped me, though.

Thanks for the trivia, though. That is a scary thought!

Anonymous said...

O.J.'s a better actor than we gave him credit for.

JBW said...

His acting skills are positively Schwarzenegger-esque, DLB.