"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Friday, February 26, 2010

CSI: SeaWorld

Miami is definitely my least favorite CSI but I must admit that this is my absolute favorite Internet meme at the moment. You can already hear "Won't Get Fooled Again" in your head, can't you? And please spare me your tears for this woman. She spent every day jumping into a tank with a huge animal that has the word "killer" right in it's name. The odds say that it was only a matter of time. At least she died doing what she loved; how many of us will be that lucky?

(via)

[Update:
Epic Beard Man is a close second. I can't believe it's only been a week since this went down.

(via)]

4 comments:

Oso said...

JBW,
Don't know if you'd seen this article re:seaworld?

http://www.counterpunch.org/hribal02262010.html

JBW said...

I had not, Oso. Very revealing. I'm kind of torn on these types of parks. On one hand, I'm sure they do a lot of good by educating the public about marine life but we must never forget that it's a business and that they'll usually drive these magnificent animals until they die, all in the name of profit.

Have we learned nothing from the lessons taught to us by Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home?

shansmith said...

So sad for them. You are definitely taking the risk when you sign up for that job with a huge animal that will hurt you when ticked off and has the nick name "killer". I don't think I want to be a trainer at Sea World when I grow up anymore.

JBW said...

I can't figure out why you want to grow up at all, sis. I'm taking my Peter Pan pills every day just to combat it.