"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Monday, February 8, 2010

Picture Of The Day II

Someone finally has President Obama's back:

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, a Republican member of the Cabinet, feigns being a blocking back for President Barack Obama as he arrives backstage to meet with GOP House leaders before speaking to their issues conference at the Renaissance Baltimore Harbor Place Hotel in Baltimore, Md., Jan. 29, 2010.
I'd rather have Rahmbo blocking for me; he's small but he's scrappy.

3 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

What a neat candid moment - especially of the president. Lucky photog.

KA said...

I echo tnlib, what a great photo! To me, it "humanized" Obama as just being silly like the "rest of us."

JBW said...

I think it's easy to forget that the president and other public figures are really just people like you and me (OK, they're usually better looking, more famous and much richer but you get my point).

This is one of my favorite pictures of Obama. I like it because although I think having a beer (or ten) with George W. Bush would be more fun, I think Obama would bring a much better level of conversation.

Plus, Bush was really working the whole "I don't drink anymore because I was born again" thing, both of which I just do not get.