"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

American Power And Intellectual Cowardice

I know I implied in the comment section of another post that I wasn't going to waste any more time on my conservative counterpart Donald Douglas of American Power but I just found this too entertaining. In his post "How Bad For the Democrats in 2010?" Don commences to talk a little shit about a bet I offered him some days back:

Having little knowledge of how congressional elections work, JBW thought he'd attempt to puff out his concave chest a bit, slapping down some nonsensical wager to mask his intellectual impotence and moral depravity:
If ... Don is so certain about Obama's dismal approval ratings translating into epic failure then I'll offer him this meager yet serious wager: $100 says that the Republicans fail to gain a majority in either house of congress this November. I'm making the offer publicly so that every one reading this will be privy to it. I think Obama's a chess master of the highest caliber Don, and he's moved his pieces into position to retain his party's majorities through the remainder of his first term. Care to put your money where your mouth is, Fat Boy Slim?
Just ignore JBW's weightist slur there at the end (the dude's shootin' blanks, so no surprise with the bigotry).
He then cites a RealClearPolitics article that posits the very real possibility that I might lose that bet if Don were to take me up on it but instead of doing so he counters with this ludicrous ploy:
And with that, if JBW's so confident that "Obama's a chess master of the highest caliber," then the Dems shouldn't lose any seats at all. I mean, seriously, President George W. Bush actually gained seats in his first midterm elections in 2002 -- 6 in the House and 2 in the Senate. Since Obambi's so much greater than GWB (well, not, actually, not that lefties care), no doubt JBW will gladly put his money where is weightist-wanker mouth is. $100 says Dems lose seats in 2010. If on the other hand, Obama, like Bush in 2002, gains Democratic seats in Congress this year, I'll cut Brain Rage poser-boy a check for $100 fat ones. "Care to put your money where your mouth is," sexist weightmaster prick?
Apparently in Don's black or white world high caliber chess masters (and yes, I was being just a tad hyperbolic there) never, ever, ever lose a match. Ever. So I answered with the following comment (I'll explain why I'm not linking to it in a second):
Ah, how wondrously simple the world must appear when viewed through the mentality of a six-year-old. I just wrote a short play about this post:

Open: American Power blog

-JBW: Hey Don, I'm gonna flip this coin and I'm calling heads. You wanna bet that I'm wrong?

-Don: No JBW, even though I just posted commentary about how the odds of tails coming up are better than heads and I constantly talk shit about how heads is totally going down that just seems too risky for me. I might lose. So instead I'll bet against the coin landing perfectly balanced on its edge.

-JBW: But, even a child knows that the odds of that bet are drastically different from the one I wagered and that only a great fool would take you up on it. Are you high right now?

-Don: No JBW, drugs are bad and I don't like them so nobody should be allowed to use them but if you don't like that bet how about this one: I'll bet that the sun comes up tomorrow. If Obama is as smart as you say he is then he'll figure out a way to stop it. What do you think?

-JBW: I think you're high.

-Don: Oh yeah? Well I think you're morally depraved and a bigot and EPIC. FAIL. and a wanker and a poser and a sexist and a prick and WEEEIGHTIST!

-JBW: Don't eat too many cupcakes, Chubs.

fin

You have just under 33 hours left to take the bet. In the meantime try to act like a man and quit your crying, Nancy.
I thought that was kind of funny but apparently it made Don a little pissy because not only did he delete it but he also permanently deactivated comments for that post. You can run from the truth and you can run from Weight Watchers but you'll never outrun your own intellectual cowardice, Don. 31 hours and counting, honeysuckle.

[Update: Did I say "pissy", because that's not what I meant but it was damn close. Still waiting, gordito.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that your AP posts get some of your highest ratings, but the extreme condescension - in my opinion - makes you look like a much bigger prick than you really are or is necessary.

You're just a little prick.

JBW said...

I like to say that I'm not really a dick, but I can definitely be a dick at times, one L. And yes, Don does bring out the worst in me (you don't see all of the things he says about me over on his site) but when a supposedly educated man (with a poli-sci PhD, no less) insists that such an idiotic bet is comparable to mine I can't help but condescend to him.

I know that politics isn't your thing but I can tell you that the odds of Don winning the bet I proposed are perhaps 4:1 while the odds of me winning the bet he proposed are around 1,000,000:1, if not practically impossible, and Don knows this but he's too much of a pussy to admit it.

So I condescend to him, and I know that it can be hard to read at times and I apologize to my readers whenever I feel it's necessary. But as an aside, I really try to make the effort to engage other civilized people with whom I disagree with as much respect as possible, yourself included.

So occasionally I'll come off as a prick. Sorry.

B to the D said...

He said prick.

JBW said...

Hold up, BD: you don't comment here for a couple of weeks and now all you have to contribute is "He said prick"? Prick.