"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Something Incongruous Someone Else Said

"I never considered myself a maverick." -John McCain.

???... Oh, I get it: he was only a maverick when it could help him get elected president, but now that he's running for reelection as a senator and it can't help him, he's not. Makes perfect sense. Today's Republican party doesn't want mavericks: it wants ideological rigidity. And he's right, he's not a maverick. He's a pathetic old man and a consummate politician who will say or do anything to hang on to whatever power and importance he thinks he has left in this world. This is why we need term limits in congress. Sarah Palin aside, the bullet we dodged in November 2008 is looking larger and larger.

3 comments:

Doug"e" said...

This is so sad. Remind me again, what are the early symptoms of alzheimer's?

KA said...

Prior to 2008, I did not mind J-Mac. Then, he picked Sarah Palin with the ridiculous hope that voters like me would consider their ticket (I love Obama, but I was a HRC supporter). Then, he said "that one" in the debate and continued taking the low road. We did more than dodge bullet in 2008, Obama's election preserved some intellect associated with this country.

JBW said...

I've always said that choosing Palin was McCain's desperation Hail Mary pass, kelly. When we elected Obama we put the adults back in charge of this country.