"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Something Incongruous Someone Else Said, Ctd

"I never considered myself a maverick." -John McCain a couple weeks ago.

"Look, when I was fighting against my own president, whether we needed more troops in Iraq, or ... spending was completely out of control, then I was a maverick. Now that I'm fighting against this spending administration and this out-of-control and reckless health care plan, then I'm a partisan," - John McCain this morning.

Ohhhh...

(via)

3 comments:

Jerry Critter said...

McCain better be careful. He is starting to make Palin sound intelligent.

Anonymous said...

So Obama is not his own president? And Republican spending is different than Democrat spending, necessitating a title-change?

JBW said...

Through some kind of mental gymnastics I can't figure out many people in this country on both sides of the aisle don't consider the president to be their president unless they voted for him, one L. And the only thing that makes Republican spending different from Democratic spending is partisan hypocrisy.