"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Friday, October 10, 2008

Google's Mail Goggles

Drunk dialing is so 20th century:

Google released a useful new Gmail feature yesterday in its labs, which could help prevent the intoxicated from sending embarrassing late-night emails they might regret in the morning.

When activated, the program will force a user to solve a series of math problems before allowing any message to be sent.

The service default is set to only work on weekend nights but you can change the settings as you wish; on a personal note, I'm much more likely to succumb to the temptation of drunk emailing than dialing but only with girls that I'm dating/have recently broken up with. It's about time that technology has finally caught up with the more eloquent drunks of society.

3 comments:

Intrepid Californio said...

you do own a calculator don't you?

JBW said...

To me just the reminder that I might be doing something stupid while I'm drunk would be enough to make me think twice before typing.

Anonymous said...

I got an email about this the other day but thought it was supposed to be a joke. I never bothered to check my Gmail settings to see if it was for real!