"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Thursday, October 30, 2008

No Lawn Sign? No Problem

Someone in Austin doesn't know how to play well with others:

After the Barack Obama sign was stolen from her front yard, Shannon Bennett painted a more permanent one with 12 cans of spray-paint and her front lawn as the canvas. "I just wanted to be able to say who I support, without being censored, which is how I felt when my sign was taken," said Bennett. She painted a large, red, white, and blue symbol in the front yard, using her old Obama sign as an inspiration.

...Bennett said the Obama signs have been stolen from the yards of her neighbors, as well. "They might think it's extreme, but I think it's extreme to come into my yard and take something that belongs to me, so I wanted to express myself."
We had the same problem when I was working on the McNerney campaign: we'd deliver signs to people's yards and they would call later to say that they had been taken and it happened over and over again; it's petty and immature and unfortunately a reality in modern politics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She did a great paint job. Looks good.