"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Obama's Grandma

Barack Obama is taking the next few days off from the campaign trail:

"Senator Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, has always been one of the most important people in his life. Along with his mother and his grandfather, she raised him in Hawaii from the time he was born until the moment he left for college. As he said at the Democratic Convention, she poured everything she had into him. Recently, his Grandmother has become ill, and in the last few weeks, her health has deteriorated to the point where her situation is very serious. It is for that reason that Senator Obama has decided to change his schedule on Thursday and Friday so that he can see her and spend some time with her. He will be returning the the campaign trail on Saturday."
My own grandma passed away last month but I assume that Obama's relationship with his is a bit different than mine was. I don't believe in praying or even sending positive energy anymore so I'm not going to ask that of anyone but please do whatever you feel is right; here's hoping that your own families are doing well today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I assume you mean "sending positive energy" as a thing you say to be nice. I just thought I'd remind you that you can physically send positive energy by simply calling... and everybody appreciates that.

JBW said...

Actually I meant it as something that Buddhists and other people who consider themselves spiritual and /or connected to the Earth/universe do in lieu of actually talking to a specific being in the sky. I don't consider it any more or less nice than saying that you're going to pray for somebody. Neither do I consider it any more or less effective (and scientific experiments back me up on this).

Intrepid Californio said...

I believe in positive thought vs negative thought. And when you really break it down; What is thought, but energy. Just my thoughts;)