"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Camping Trip Cut Short On Account Of Rain

The camping trip to Salt Point started out really great. My buddies and I took a long hike out to the cliffs overlooking the Pacific ocean, saw some beautiful nature along with some sea lions and whales in their natural habitat and much meat (no, not sea lion or whale) and alcohol was consumed by all. Then yesterday evening God decided that I was having just about enough fun for an atheist so he took a massive piss on our campsite. Even though we had a strong fire going at this point we decided that we wouldn't be able to cook dinner or hang out and drink so rather than spending the rest of the trip huddled alone and hungry in our respective tents we broke camp hurriedly in the dark and drove home late last night. Still, I'm glad we went. It's always nice getting away from everything that stresses me out every day and I really should make an effort to do it more often. So, what'd I miss?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took a trip to Big Bend National Park, in west Texas, with some buddies as a college graduation trip. It still ranks as the greatest camping trip ever and the only time I've zone-camped. We should all do it more often.

I don't think you missed anything, but Donovan McNabb might actually be getting traded this year.

JBW said...

Agreed. And as someone who respects McNabb's skills and also hates the Eagles I have no problem with that trade whatsoever, one L. Unless it's to SF, of course.