"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Monday, March 15, 2010

KFC's New Boneless Filet Is A Total Ripoff

This is Kentucky Fried Chicken's newest concept item, ostensibly in the same vein as wraps and other "on the go" food items most fast food joints have been pushing lately. You can watch the unembeddable commercial here. Looks pretty damn good, right? You can get the filet with a biscuit, your choice of a side and a drink for five bucks or you can just purchase the filet by itself for $2.29. I opted to try the individual filet for lunch today (in addition to some other fried goodness) and this is what I got (sorry about the quality, I really need to get a new cell):
That's exactly how it came out of the bag and it was as dry as British humor. Fuck. That. I love you like a father Colonel but this is a total fail, you old bastard. Speaking of, check out one of his original commercials I came across today:


This latest culinary abortion aside, that's a man I'd like to buy fried chicken from. The only way I'd trust him more would be if he were holding a mint julep. Corporate KFC sucks. It used to be about the chicken, man.

3 comments:

Oso said...

Used to work at one in high school, ate hella free chicken every day and never got sick of it. Never even got tired of it. Just got tired of workig there.

JBW said...

I think working any job where I could get unlimited fried chicken would eventually be the literal death of me, Oso. I have a problem and the Colonel is my enabler.

shansmith said...

Sanders would be ticked if he knew about that lame excuse for chicken!