"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Earth Moved

I was just finally drifting off to sleep when I felt a quick jerk and heard my house creaking. This one was only a 2.1 but the epicenter was in exactly the same spot (the map above is of greater detail) as the one on Monday. Is this good or bad? Is this last one another aftershock from Monday's 3.5 or are both of these just precursors to something larger? I'm from Texas, man. We never studied earthquakes, we were too busy doing duck and cover tornado/hurricane drills when I was a kid.

1 comment:

Van Zan said...

If you go down to the beach to look out for tidal waves don't be looking down the wrong end of the telescope.

Seriously though...
Foreshocks do occur before major quakes, but what's happening around you could mean anything, including a whole lot of nothing.
Do not sleep near furniture that would hurt if it fell on you. Watch your sources of heat, especially gas. See if you have enough drink to keep you going a few days (and I don't mean beer). Otherwise don't worry, be happy.