"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Monday, June 15, 2009

Election Day Flashback

I doubt that the photo they were looking at was taken directly from my election day post but I still like this anecdote from Newsweek reporter Richard Wolffe's book Renegade: The Making of a President about the Obama campaign:

"[Obama's] friend Marty Nesbitt shared with him an e-mailed photo, which summed up their collective response to weak-kneed Democrats. It was a picture of the candidate delivering his convention speech, with the caption "Everyone Chill the Fuck Out. I Got This."

Obama chuckled. "Exactly," he said. "That's exactly how I feel."
I was probably more nervous on election day than this guy was. Other side of the pillow.

No comments: