"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Something Stupid/Racist Someone Else Said

"And you have an African-American community, particularly in the poor inner city areas, we’re looking at out of wedlock birthrates in three quarters to 75 percent (sic) of children being born out of wedlock. Marriage is an institution that’s a bridge too far for too many African-American woman and is not desirable among African-American males.

Here we have a president of the United States who says that marriage is cool. You have respect for your wife, and you treat her with the respect and dignity that she deserves. And she is part of this team. And it’s not just part of professional team, but it’s also part of a personal, romantic team. I think that’s all great. So I think it’s important that he keeps having his date night. [...]

I think he has to realize that flying to New York is…self-indulgent. Go down to the corner bar and have a drink, a shot and a beer.
It does not matter where you go with your wife, is that it’s with your wife." -former United States Senator Rick Santorum, criticizing President Obama for taking his wife on a date to New York City for dinner and a Broadway show.

Steve Benen adds:

I’m not sure which part of this is the most ridiculous — Santorum’s condescending attitude, his errors about African-American families, his apparent belief that he’s qualified to give dating advice to the president, or the fact that this discredited former senator continues to be a fixture at major news outlets.
I've never been married but I've had several girlfriends over the course of my life and I can say without a doubt that taking any one of them on a date that mirrors what I would do on a random weekend night with one of my drinking buddies would have been just as satisfying to them as dinner in a three-star New York restaurant and a Broadway show. Oh wait, let me take that back because that's one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever heard. I have a feeling that Rick Santorum jerks off a lot more than he sexes up his wife most nights of his life. Jesus Christ...

1 comment:

Kevin Robbins said...

Rick and the Mrs only have sex for the purpose of procreation, as the good book proscribes. Jerking off is out, too.