"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Friday, June 13, 2008

Taking A Break

Now that the Democratic primary is finally over, I've decided to take a week or two off from commenting on the presidential candidates and the race in general; frankly, I'm just sick of hearing about it at this point. After Obama has taken some time to get up to speed in the general and he and McCain are talking about substantive issues (not the petty sniping that's been going back and forth the past week), I'll turn my dial back to MSNBC. Until then, I'll just get my coverage from Stewart and Colbert; plus, my DVR is getting really full. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Don't know if you listen to NPR much, but I'm so thankful I can start listening frequently again now that Obama has wrapped up the democratic race. If it's not the war, it's the election. NPR loves those two topics and has a tendency to run them into the ground.

JBW said...

I agree that the election has taken up way more than it's fair share of the media coverage lately but I also find it disturbing how much the war in Iraq has been pushed to the back burner by so many. We're in a war; it's one of the worst things ever devised by man, with people dying every day because of the actions of our government and this country couldn't give a shit.

I'm not impugning you or your views; I can understand the fatigue a story like this can elicit. Just venting a bit.