"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Movie Robots Suck

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but I'll just reiterate: I'm a huge robot fan. I even bought a robotic vacuum cleaner, mostly just because I loved the idea of a robot vacuuming my place when I wasn't there (so of course it sucked, pun intended). As cool and useless as that robot was though, it doesn't hold a candle to the 8 Classic Movie Robots That Actually Suck at Their Job. On ED-209 from Robocop:

If these had been mass produced and set free in town, could they even issue traffic tickets or just blow the shit out of people who double park?

And, no, we can't avoid mentioning that the thing was ultimately defeated because it couldn't walk down a flight of stairs.

Of course, it's very easy to look back at the decades of stupid and obsolete movie robots and laugh at their ignorance of future technologies, with the full benefit of our own 20/20 hindsight. It's fun, too.

No comments: