"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Something Someone Else Said

"George Bush's record as a student, military man, businessman and leader of the free world is one of constant failure. And the part that troubles me most is he seems content with himself. He will leave office with the country $10 trillion in debt, fighting two wars, our international reputation in shambles, our government cloaked in secrecy and suspicion that his entire presidency has been a litany of broken laws and promises, our citizens' faith in our own country ripped to shreds. Yet Bush goes bumbling along, grinning and spewing moronic one-liners, as though nobody understands what a colossal failure he has been.

I fear to the depth of my being that John McCain is just like him," -Jack Cafferty, CNN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't argue with just about anything in that post, but this part troubles me:

"And the part that troubles me most is he seems content with himself."

Whether it's the president or some guy I know from college, I want everyone to be content with themselves. Should you acknowledge failures? Sure. But if George W Bush walked around dwelling on all that's gone wrong, all that's gone poorly, whatever, he would be a miserable person and a miserable person to be around. I want nothing but self-content for him, for you, for my wife, for everybody.

JBW said...

But I think you hit the nail on the head: acknowledging failures. This guy takes a shit and then takes offense when people tell him it's not a golden egg; either that or he labels it a government secret that nobody may ever know about, all in the name of national security, of course.

I think that there's a fundamental difference between dwelling on what's gone wrong and admitting to it; the latter is what responsible adults do and I would hardly label W as such.