"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ayla Brown Is Available, And I'm Interested

If you don't own a television, receive a newspaper or have Internet access you might not have heard about this but even that would be hard to believe given the amount of breathless coverage it's been given by the media today:

Yesterday, Scott Brown pulled off a tremendous political upset. The Massachusetts Republican beat out Democrat Martha Coakley for the Senate seat left vacant by the late Democrat Ted Kennedy. On this, the day after Brown's improbable victory, the Web searches are pouring in on everything from Sen. Brown's victory speech to his daughter's Hollywood aspirations to his humorous defense of pickup trucks.

The victory speech

He may be a United States senator, but he's still Dad. During his victory speech, with his wife and daughters standing behind him, Brown thanked his family for their support. And then things got a little awkward. As his shocked daughters looked on, Sen. Brown said that both of his daughters were "available."

Quoting Dad: "Just in case anyone who's watching throughout the country, yes, they're both available." He then backed off his comments as the crowd hooted and hollered. "No, no. No. Only kidding, only kidding. Only kidding, only kidding," he said. "Arianna... Arianna's definitely not available." He then added, "But Ayla is."
That's Ayla in the picture above, which I assume is an American Idol publicity shot (she made it into the top sixteen contestants in the fifth season). Now I don't know if her political proclivities run with or counter to her father's but regardless as a representative of the liberal left I am officially extending my... hand across the political aisle to her in the spirit of bipartisan cooperation and polling the electorate. Yes, I was spurned by Sweetits but I have a good feeling about this one. Ayla, I'm a relatively poor man, I have no real power or influence over anyone, I drink way more wine than any healthy human being should and I prefer not to cook or clean. Come and get it, girl! She'll be in good hands, Senator-elect Brown. Good, busy hands.

2 comments:

Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

After reading this I told my boy you weren't rich. He said he still wanted to be an anthropologist and drink wine and blog all day anyway. Damn his liberal, money isn't everything upbringing! I'll have to rely on my other kids to fund my retirement.



I forgot about "sweettits." I read two of her posts since you spiced up her life a while back. I think she needs some more spice. Boring woman.

JBW said...

As always your boy sounds like a smart lad, T101. Kudos to you for allowing him to pursue a dream with a largely negative income.

And yes, Sweetits is most definitely living on the boring side. To her credit though she's now volunteering at an inner city organization for kids so I wish her all good things but the constant Jesus schtick is getting a bit old, and I'm a big fan of the man.

Like so many hot chicks I know, she needs a little wine-drinking, blogging Anthropologist in her. Booyah.