"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dallas Cowboys Playing The Minnesota Vikings

No time for blogging today! My beloved Dallas Cowboys are playing the Minnesota Vikings for the right to go to the NFC championship game against the New Orleans Saints next week. Admittedly I'm a little worried since the Vikes are one of the best teams in the NFL with one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game at their helm but if there was any time during this somewhat shaky season that I felt confident in the Boys it's right now. They're coming off of back to back spankings of their division rivals the Philadelphia Eagles and they're looking better than they have all season.

So since I don't believe in jinxing I'll say that I'm actually feeling good about their chances today but talk to me around 1 pm Pacific time just in case. Depending on my mood by then I might put up some posts later today but only after the second game. True, the Boys won't be playing in that one but even though I'm an atheist I'm also a Texan, which means that watching NFL football on Sundays is my equivalent of going to church. All hail Saint Romo and go Cowboys! Hallelujah!

[Update: That was sad and pathetic (and I really hate that fucking Viking victory horn they kept blowing). Minnesota's defense is a ravenous beast that totally enveloped Romo and his offense for the majority of that game. Good luck New Orleans, you're gonna need it.]

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen such an offensive meltdown. Romo and his line can't get anything going.

http://www.ehow.com/members/stevemar2-articles.html said...

This game was not even close! I hope the Jets-Chargers game is much more exciting than the other NFL games that took place this weekend.

JBW said...

This game truly sucked my balls, gentlemen. I should have known better than to get as excited as I did for the Cowboys in their current incarnation. Very weak sauce.

Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

To me, the game was going to be decided which quarterback choked.

Favre has been a choker in the big game since his second Super Bowl. Romo is, Romo.

KA said...

Must laugh at Dallas (sorry Dallas fans). I believe Romo is one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the NFL. Well not a fan of Brett, the only thing that made me happier in the playoffs...the Ravens and Bengal losses. (What can I say, I'm a part of the Steeler nation (who had a sad, miserable, season).

JBW said...

Ah, a Steelers fan. The bitterness against the Cowboys is starting to make sense now, kelly. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Yes waitress, I'll have the Roethlisberger, hold the playoffs. Snap.

KA said...

"Yes waitress, I'll have the Roethlisberger, hold the playoffs" may have been one of the funniest things of this dismal season. It's not a Cowboys-specific bitterness, it's an annoyance for Romo as so overrated. Time to root for my surrogate team...Go Colts!

JBW said...

None required, Doug"e". And yes, I've got your money. Damn you, Cowboys!

JBW said...

And that's just damn sad, kelly. I can't decide which way to go now. I guess I'll pull for the Saints because they're Southern but I've kind of lost my fire. Hopefully it'll come back by Superbowl time.

Anonymous said...

I think - and I might change my mind - that my rooting interests are as follows now:

1. Vikings
2. Jets
3. Colts
4. Saints

I just can't approve of the Saints doing anything with all those Cowboys castoffs.