"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How To Use A Semicolon

This easy to follow chart labels them "The most feared punctuation on Earth" and I think a lot of writers would agree with this assessment. Personally, I love semicolons and I use them relatively liberally in my own writing. In fact, I've made a real effort to cut down since shortly after the inception of this blog; it was starting to get a bit out of hand. Oh, there I go again...

(via)

3 comments:

Oso said...

JBW,
Learned something today,thanks.Day hasn't been a total waste after all.

Oso said...

Hey man, just used a ; twice in a comment for the second time since reading this today.

If there is a future in the use of the ; I am down with it. Maybe I'll even put it in my resume;how cool would that be?

JBW said...

Glad you learned something useful Oso but don't go overboard with it; you run the risk of becoming a tedious writer.