"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Did Someone Say "Legacy"?

You knew it was bad but yikes:

In a poll by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, respondents were asked to volunteer their assessments of how Bush would be remembered after he leaves office. The most frequent response, from 56 people, was "incompetent," followed by "idiot," "arrogant," "ignorant," "stupid," and so on. Nine people volunteered a three-letter synonym for donkey.

There were some kinder sentiments as well, including "honest," "honorable," and "dedicated." The number of participants who called Bush a "liar" also dropped from 18 in 2004 to just 4 this time around.

Overall, though, the Pew poll underscored the depth of public disdain for Bush, who now ranks as the most consistently unpopular president since the advent of modern political polling.
But of course we just need some historical perspective; the odds that he's just some sort of misunderstood genius are obviously much more likely.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nine people volunteered a three-letter synonym for donkey.

Are you sure it wasn't followed by a four-letter synonym for cavity?

Laura Lee - Grace Explosion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JBW said...

Gosh Grace, it seems I dodged a bullet there; I shudder to think of the abject humiliation I would have suffered had you unleashed the whole of your staggering intellect on me. Not that that wasn't the cleverest cock joke I've ever heard, of course; and "lame". Wow! Not only are you batshit crazy, you're quite the wordsmith as well; I sure know when I've been served.

And I wrote that like two weeks ago; did it take you that long to get to the L section of your thesaurus or what?

Anonymous said...

I didn't get that as a reference to your manly parts until you called it out. Thanks.

JBW said...

Trust me: my original comment was a lot more explicit but it was in reaction to being called a sexist because I had something negative to say about Sarah Palin, irregardless of her sex. You know how it is...