"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Something Someone Else Said

"Two years from now, I want the American people to be able to say, "Government's not perfect; there are some things Obama does that get on my nerves. But you know what? I feel like the government's working for me. I feel like it's accountable. I feel like it's transparent. I feel that I am well informed about what government actions are being taken. I feel that this is a President and an Administration that admits when it makes mistakes and adapts itself to new information, that believes in making decisions based on facts and on science as opposed to what is politically expedient." Those are some of the intangibles that I hope people two years from now can claim," - Barack Obama, president-elect

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to add you to my favorites list Brain Rager Man. It gives me a respite from spreading the truth to all the deluded right wing bloggers that seem to have taken over the web. Continued success.

JBW said...

Much thanks, Truth101; I'll try to continue to make it worth your while to keep stopping by.

Anonymous said...

admits when it makes mistakes and adapts itself to new information, that believes in making decisions based on facts and on science as opposed to what is politically expedient.

Why, this is crazy talk. I suppose he's not going to use the rainbow, scary, terrorist warning alert system either. How will we know when to be afraid?

JBW said...

The legacy of Bush's war on terror is that we're always supposed to be afraid; the alert colors are just to let us know how afraid to be from day to day. And the fact that several of the times it was raised in the past just happened to coincide with bad news for Bush was merely a convenient happenstance. Ahem...