"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Friday, December 26, 2008

Millenium Falcon Sled

It's nice to see that the classic designs never die:

While they’re no where near as predictable as a wooden toboggan when it comes to charting a straight path down a snowy hill, those plastic disc saucer-style sleds can be just as fun, if not more so. All it takes is someone at the top of the hill to give you a little spin when you start your descent, and your ride will not only be unpredictable, but should also leave your head spinning when you get to the bottom. But in a good way.

Both sled styles have their advantages, but now that I’ve discovered this Millennium Falcon shaped saucer sled, I’m afraid my classic wooden toboggan’s days are numbered. It’s only big enough to seat one person, so you can forget about bringing along a Wookie co-pilot, but it does have a pair of foam handles to help you steer and avoid other craft on your way down the hill.
Now having grown up in Texas and subsequently moving to California, I've never been much of a snow sledder myself; in fact, I don't think I've ever been in snow more than about a dozen times in my life. And the closest I've ever come to actually sledding is when the parking garage across from my dorm in college iced over one night and some buddies and myself rode our laundry baskets down the ramps, although I imagine that traditional snow sledding sets off substantially fewer car alarms.

No comments: