"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

99 Things You Should Have Already Experienced

A guy named Greg Rutter has assembled a list of 99 viral Internet videos and sites "that you should have already experienced unless you're a loser or old or something". Although I like to consider myself a non-loser perhaps I am getting old because there were a good 40 of these that I had never heard of (although in my defense many of those were quite annoying or lame or both).

One of the videos I had seen (many, many times) was Leeroy Jenkins. If you're not familiar or you're a loser or old or something:

The Internet phenomenon started with the release of a video clip online to the World of Warcraft forums. The video was released by the World of Warcraft Alliance player guild "PALS FOR LIFE" on the Laughing Skull PvP realm. It features a group of players discussing a detailed battle strategy while one of their number, Leeroy, is away from his computer. Their plan is ruined when Leeroy returns and, ignorant of the strategy, immediately charges headlong into battle shouting his own name as a battle cry. His companions rush to stop him, and his subsequent actions ruin the meticulous plan and the encounter ends in failure for the group. His response to the other players' reactions, "at least I have chicken", was also much parodied.
I've never played WoW or any MMORPG for that matter but I've been laughing at this guy pissing these other nerds off for years now. If you haven't seen it yet do yourself a favor and watch it now:

No comments: