"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Monday, March 23, 2009

My Sister's Birthday: Atonement, Day 1

I'm not proud of what I'm about to confess but here goes: I forgot to call one of my little sisters on her birthday a few days ago. There, I said it. Yeah, I'm a forgetful bastard of a big brother. When I made the realization I was informed that a big make-up present would be in order, to which I replied, "Anything within my power; you name it." The answer was almost instantaneous: "Worship me for a week on Brain Rage!" As was it requested, so shall it be done.

So today marks the first of a seven day whirlwind virtual vacation around the world (and perhaps to worlds as yet only dreamed of) for my favorite middle sister, Shannon (some of you may remember Shannon from this post about her record setting performance in the Dallas White Rock Marathon last year). First stop: the pristine and picturesque Swiss Alps, home of cheese, steak, army knives and Misses who like to make hot chocolate. Man, breathe in that mountain air, huh? Invigorating.

So the atonement commenceth. Shannon, if you have any favorite photos you want me to use or requested vacation destinations send them by email posthaste because once the week is over, it's over. And happy belated birthday, sis.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha!

Unknown said...

I like the ones you chose. Did Sterling send them to you? Sorry for my lack of response! I want to go to the swiss alps!! Thanks for following through man!