"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Friday, March 13, 2009

Insecurity: It Ain't The Size Of The Wave...

It appears that the other McC is holding his Site Meter in front of his crotch again:

Or . . . A Jedi must study the Force to grow strong, my young Padwan. I am your father, Luke.
By misspelling "Padawan" you relinquish whatever little geek cred you may have once possessed, and my father's dead dude; the light saber that struck him down was cancer. Regardless, the difference between us is in the definition: how do we each define blogging?

To me, blogging is a way of expressing myself in my spare time by snarkily writing and finding things online that I (and hopefully my friends and family, and anyone else who's interested) find entertaining and/or provocative; it's basically a fun way to start a good conversation.

To McCain, blogging is a way to mask a not so subtle inferiority complex by snarkily attacking others while using his children as props as he constantly begs his readers for money and pretends to be an Internet guru; it's basically a shameless way for him to publicly whore himself out online.

Am I being too subtle in my characterization of this guy? And the more important question: is it possible to have a cane thrown at you online?

[Update: Shout out to my latest conservative crush. I can feel you reading, darlin.]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are people who give a fuck about how many visitors they have to their blog? That really is insecure.

repsac3 said...

It's one thing to be interested in seeing who/how many visit. I even get those for whom blogging is a means of income.

What I don't get is measuring the length and girth of your dick by the number of hits you get, or cynical bullshit like wording posts with suggestive names, or posting pictures of pretty women for the express purpose of driving up your numbers by having folks come to your blog for smut (& beauty, sometimes, but everyone knows which is the real driving force), rather than for the actual (political, social, technical, ???) commentary that is supposed to be the purpose of your blog.

Cheesecake and misleading keywords are fine, for what they are, but when it comes down to it, it's tabloid bullshit trickery meant to inflate one's numbers and falsely claim that those numbers have anything to do with the actual writing or opinion being offered between the upskirt/downblouse shots.

Over at my place, I get the highest number of hits from this post: Gay Butt-licking titillates Rightwing Blogesphere. But I'm smart enough to know (and care) that the vast majority of those who come in from Google on "Gay Butt licking" ain't there for the politics, and thus can't be counted as fans/foes of, or even the slightest bit interested in, my writing. They're there for gay butt licking (I don't give much thought to what, specifically, they hope to find), and God bless 'em for it, but they surely ain't there for me or anything I have to say beyond that unfortunate phrase.

While such people seem to make the lipless one's dick get bigger and give him something he seems very proud to wave around and show everyone, kinda like a first solo poop in a toddler's potty training toilet (entirely too proud, if you ask me), most of 'em don't care enough to even read much of anything he has to say...

He tricked 'em, and he's proud. So what?

Van Zan said...

JBW, about these crushes of yours...

As a mate and bloke who likes a sheila just as much as you do, let me say...

They're just people, good or bad, except with a muff and a pair of knockers. Don't cut 'em more than they deserve just because they have these things.

Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

You're going to hate me Monday Repsac.

repsac3 said...

Truth: I have a feeling not, but I am intrigued...

JBW said...

VZ, I certainly recognize the limitations and entertainment of an unrequited physical crush. I cut them just as much as they deserve and have a healthy sense of humor about everything else.